^^ are you fucking serious? You would rather a woman and the fetus die through brutal method or through bad proceedure, or any other reason instead of the just getting a safe and legal abortion?
untitled on Flickr.
Clara Bell Duvall
Dec. 23, 1896 - March 27, 1929
Clara Duvall, her husband and five children (ages 6 months to 12 years) were living in Pittsburgh, Pa., with her parents due to limited financial resources when she learned she was pregnant again. Clara attempted a self-abortion with a knitting needle. Her doctor, knowing she was seriously ill and in severe pain, delayed sending her to a hospital for several weeks. The Catholic hospital where she died chose to list the cause of death as “pneumonia.”
Ruth Irene Friedl
Aug. 24, 1901 - Aug. 21, 1929
Denied a legal abortion though her pregnancy was diagnosed as life-threatening, Ruth Friedl attempted to self-abort by drinking a plant poison, ergot apiol. That night at the dinner table of their home in Denver, Colo., with her husband and two small children present, she collapsed and died.
Pauline Roberson Shirley
June 22, 1910 - August 22, 1940
Pauline Shirley and her six children were living with her mother in Arizona while her husband sought work in California. After an illegal abortion, she began to hemorrhage and was hospitalized. She needed massive transfusions. While Pauline’s mother searched the community for donors, Pauline bled to death.
December 12, 1925 - May 6, 1950
Vivian Campbell was the mother of two children ages five and three. She was newly separated from her husband when she realized she was pregnant. Sending her children to stay with her parents, she sought and obtained an illegal abortion. She sent for her husband, but by the time he arrived at the hospital it was too late. She died in agony of peritonitis.
August 16, 1935 - June 8, 1964
The photo of Geraldine Santoro dead on a hotel room floor has become a symbol for the horror of illegal abortion. Gerri, as she was known, lived on her family farm in Coventry, Conn., with her two daughters. At the age of 28, separated from her abusive husband, she became pregnant by another man, Clyde Dixon. Afraid that her husband would kill her if he found out, she and Dixon looked for ways to terminate her pregnancy. With no other options, they attempted to perform the procedure themselves. When the operation went awry, Dixon fled, leaving Santoro behind where she bled to death. A chambermaid found her body the next morning.
1950 - Oct. 3, 1977
A single mother with a 5-year-old daughter, Rosie Jimenez of McAllen, Texas, was a scholarship student six months away from her teaching credential. She was the first known victim of the Hyde Amendment, which cut off Medicaid funding for abortion to women on public assistance — women who by the government’s own definition cannot afford health care. Too poor to pay for the procedure at a private clinic, she died in agony from a botched illegal abortion.
August 24, 1971 - Sept. 16, 1988
At 17, Becky became a victim of an Indiana state law requiring parental consent for a minor to obtain an abortion. Unable to bring herself to disappoint her parents by telling them she was pregnant — or go before a judge to bypass the law — Becky sought an illegal abortion. When she became seriously ill, her parents rushed her to the hospital. In severe pain from a massive infection, Becky still could not tell them, and despite the efforts of the doctors, she died.
But remember, safe, legal abortion is evil. It’s better to have both a dead mother and fetus, than to have a dead fetus. That’s the pro-LIFE way.
That’s fucking wrong, no. Pro-Life is wrong. I don’t accept their ways at all.
I am pro-choice, always. I believe in the situation of the mother should decide in an abortion/adoption/keeping. It’s no one else’s choice but the mother.
it’s awful that these women had to go through this pain and suffering, because a law said they couldn’t get a safe abortion. How scared they must have been, to think it’s wrong, and how women still do this, and how women are still so scared to get one because of what people say about it. Women should be safe, not scared.
I guess I’m both? I mean, I don’t think abortion is right, I firm believe it’s a human in there, and killing it is wrong. BUT, I do know that sometimes situations arise (rape being the main one) where keeping the child would cause bigger, maybe even emotional problems.
I’m pro-life in a pro-choice world. Educate the masses of consequences and remove the reason to need abortion in the sense of “unexpected” knocking up.
Abortions should only be used for desperate times.
- kleidausrosen reblogged this from nummerthirteen
- cuppadacook reblogged this from becauseiamawoman
- sexy-dynamite reblogged this from becauseiamawoman
- visforvegetarian reblogged this from softieclair
- pearlaabsinthe reblogged this from tinydragongina
- enpantoufles reblogged this from callista-curnow
- maoumaou reblogged this from vampishly
- reduxandredeath reblogged this from chinatownlife
- feminista-linda reblogged this from chinatownlife
- marybethhh98 reblogged this from wehavenobananas
- missmokushiroku reblogged this from g3ng4r
- zomgkat reblogged this from sporadicus
- butcher--baby reblogged this from bostonwalkforchoice
- rainwhisker reblogged this from chinatownlife
- sporadicus reblogged this from chinatownlife
- chinatownlife reblogged this from methodistcoloringbook
- methodistcoloringbook reblogged this from bostonwalkforchoice
- bostonwalkforchoice reblogged this from bebinn
- fupa-troopa reblogged this from chauvinistsushi
- bebinn reblogged this from moopfish and added:
- zombiemollusk reblogged this from softieclair
- chauvinistsushi reblogged this from vampishly
- vampishly reblogged this from callista-curnow
- softieclair reblogged this from popculturetart
- popculturetart reblogged this from goddessofcheese
- moopfish reblogged this from ghostwith-a-beatingheart and added:
- julesyx3 reblogged this from patrickjonvowels and added:
- thatqueerchick reblogged this from becauseiamawoman
- utterbasketcase reblogged this from bebinn
- pixiealamode reblogged this from labyrinthineheart
- spiralofbees reblogged this from bebinn and added:
- g3ng4r reblogged this from castleoflions
- iridescentskylines reblogged this from stfueverything
- ashleelisbeth reblogged this from lux-really-likes-cats
- ktmarissa reblogged this from foreveradiii and added:
- lapseinjudgment reblogged this from castleoflions
- starlitsupernova reblogged this from i-am-a-child-of-time
- scarlettlillies reblogged this from zebeck
- winginoverthings reblogged this from conejitocomelechuga
- scorpysue reblogged this from tomsellecksbootyshorts
- likecatchingfire reblogged this from carnivalforsuperheroes and added:
- sweettasteofindia reblogged this from carnivalforsuperheroes
- onedimpledcheek reblogged this from castleoflions
- ghostwith-a-beatingheart reblogged this from carnivalforsuperheroes and added:
- weird--yet-wonderful reblogged this from carnivalforsuperheroes
- nummerthirteen reblogged this from castleoflions
- lux-really-likes-cats reblogged this from i-blame-reagan
- thedudelebowski reblogged this from carnivalforsuperheroes and added:
- sandorandthehounds reblogged this from stolenmateria
- flowerxpetal reblogged this from carnivalforsuperheroes